Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chapter 15

I was interested to learn more about the adaptive input devices which allow students with disabilities to use computers more effectively.  The disability accessibility software that has been created would be helpful to students with disabilities in any classroom.  I also like the idea of the alternative keyboard for computers such as the Intellikeys.  By using this technology students with severe disabilities are able to participate in using many of the same online technologies as that students in general education. Many of the websites the book gave for at risk students would be useful aids for teachers who are facing this challenge.  These websites include http://www.iping.com/ for students who have difficulty remembering things and http://www.pleaseread.com/ for student who are not at the same reading levels as the other students in their class.

I definitely agree with the mainstreaming process.  I think that the inclusion of students in special education into general education classes is helpful for their growth and development.  I would definitely use alternative use technologies in my classroom such as joysticks, switches, screen readers, optical character recognition, and alternative keyboards.

I would be interested to learn more about disability accessibility software.

No comments:

Post a Comment