While reading this chapter, I found the history of technology in the classroom interesting. It was interesting to learn where different ideas came form and also where they are headed today. It was also interesting to gain perspective on how fast technologies change. There are so many different components that it is truly impossible to keep up wit it all. As a teacher, with everything else that is going on, it would be hard to stay up to date on all of the new developments. This chapter also showed how many different instructional methods there are and how useful they can be. This being said, I think it is important to at least try to use technology in the classroom and do your best at keeping up with it. If you have the resources you might as well use them.
In my classroom I would definitely try to integrate any technologies that might be available to me. One of the things they mentioned in the chapter was an electronic portfolio. For my students, in an art class, I think this would be a good tool to keep track of their work and also be able to transfer it easily. I think that the alternative assessment options mentioned in the chapter, using handheld devices, could be useful in tracking the progress of students more closely.
I would be interested to learn what the statistics were about the issues in educational technology, especially in terms of gender and ethnicity. I would also be interested to learn of any reasons they could give for this difference,whether it's because of availability or if they are just treated differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment