I thought that this article made some interesting points about the content and quality of work that students should be focusing on when using technology in the classroom. One of the main points that I thought was worth while was making sure to use technology in such a way that it does not just recap the information learned, but extends and develops your cognitive thinking beyond what was studied. I also found it interesting that they suggested that the teacher should let the student to pick the technology that they want to use so as to help develop their independent thinking skills. I think that this could be effective in engaging the students. I agree that is important that the teachers are knowledgeable about the technology they teach; you should ask you students to do something that you cannot do yourself.
There are a number of different art programs that are now available to use in the classroom. I want to make sure that I make these programs available for my students to use when they want and how they want (within certain parameters). I also want to be able to use any new programs that are available so that I am able to teach them correctly.
I would like to learn more effective ways of presenting material that develops and encourages cognitive thinking when presenting a topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment