I found the information about basic Internet troubleshooting helpful. Because there are any number of problems which could occur with a computer it is nice to at least be able to troubleshoot the basics without having to bring in the tech department. The information the chapter gave on distance learning was also interesting to me. Although I think that virtual classrooms have their place, I do not think that they should take the place of traditional classrooms and teaching styles. I do think that traditional teaching paired with an online course could be quite successful. The book points out that there have been studies done that show that students profit from the support of teachers and students, and I agree that this is an important element of learning.
I think that using an online organizer could be helpful in a classroom. It would allow me to review websites for content and reliability, and then my students would be able to find this website list at home and use them easily. The websites they suggested to check and prevent plagiarism would also be helpful in a classroom setting. When students know that these websites are being used, it might discourage them to plagiarize in the first place.
I would like to learn more about computer troubleshooting.
No comments:
Post a Comment